How Do We Enter The Glory Realm? What are the keys to unlock the doors and windows of heaven so that we can access into His Glorious Presence? These are not passing questions but are realities which worshippers who have experienced His Shekinah Glory would understand what I am talking about.
In the year 2000 my church experienced an "OPEN HEAVEN". We had a mini-revival for about three years where God's Glorious Presence was often tangible in our mid-week prayer meetings, Saturday worship practices and Sunday worship services (refer to Part 1 - posted on 15 January 2007).
A) THE KEY TO HIS GLORY - Corporately
What do I mean when I speak about an "OPEN HEAVEN"? Tommy Tenny author of the best selling book - The God Chaser explained it as a place of Easy Access to God. He shared that the Word of God tells us that there are five distinct and definite things that open the windows of heavens. This isn't formula; it is a lifestyle of worship and dedication to God first in all things. All of the following are various elements of worship.
1) Tithing - is an ancient key to the heavenlies that predates the giving of the law of Abraham (Genesis 14:18-20). The principle of giving God the "firstfruits" of our income or increase is clearly described in the Book of Malachi:
"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this, " says the Lord of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it (Malachi 3:10 NKJV).
2) Persecution - also opens the heavens, as demostrated in the Book of Acts when Stephen was martyred:
But he, being full of the Holy Spirit gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!" Then they cried out with a loud voice ... and they cast him out of the city and stoned him (Acts 7:55-58a NKJV).
3) Persistence - is an effective tool for "prying open" the gates of Heaven. Elijah prayed seven times and kept sending his servant back to search the skies until, on the seventh time, the servant saw a cloud the size of a man's hand rise from the sea. That tiny cloud from God grew into such a powerful storm that the skies were turned black with rain and wind (1 Kings 18:42-45). Jesus told the disciples that the "door" would be opened to those who persistently ask, seek, and knock on God's door (Matthew 7:7-8).
4) Unity - will open the windows of Heaven; it invites God's presence wherever two or three agree "Concerning anything that they ask." Jesus literally said, "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:19-20 NKJV)
5) Worship - is the fifth key to the third heaven. David the psalmist prophesied, "Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in." (Psalm 24:7 NKJV)
An extract from God's Favourite House - "If You Build It, He will Come" - By Tommy Tenney
B) THE KEY TO HIS GLORY - Worship Leaders/Worshippers
6) Hunger & Desperation - This is what Tommy Tenney is talking about - Chasing after God! Just like Moses asking the Lord to show him His face. During our church revival, there was a was a spirit of hunger, desperation and anticipation to meet the Lord each time we gather for worship service. Worship Leader should choose songs that are simple so that the people can just concentrate on worshipping instead of getting distracted to look at the overhead project to follow the words of the song.
7) Praise until the Spirit of Worship comes. Worship ... until the Glory comes. Then ... stand in the Glory - this secret was shared by Ruth Ward Heflin in her book - Glory, Experiencing the Atmosphere of Heaven. Each time the worship leader is able to lead the people to praise in unity, he creates a platform not only for the Lord's visitation but His inhabitation. As you lead the people in worship, the worship leader should not rush or be concern about the song list; the Lord would often give us certain song to unlock the door into the His glory. The manifestation of His Glory is not forced but it is spontaneous (by His pleasure, grace & favour - you just know it; see some of the expression in the pictures in Part 2 - posted on 5 February 2007). When the Glory of the Lord falls, we just stand in His Glory and let Him lead the service ... a manifestation of the "Fourth Man" - Jesus Christ
8) Expecting the Fourth Man - We are familiar with the story in the Book of Daniel when King Nebuchadnezzar threw the three Hebrew slaves into the fiery furnance, but when he looked into the flame, he saw not only three men walking around, but also the form of a Fourth Man in the fire (Daniel 3:25). And the Fourth looked like the Son of God. There is a fiery atmosphere to be found in His Shekinah Glory, it is a blazing inferno in which the Fourth Man, Jesus Christ, reveals Himself. In this fire, bondages are burned away (the ropes were burned off the hands of the Hebrew men). In this fire, there are manifestations of the Glory of God. There are healings and miracles; there is power to be delivered from demonic snares; there is a holy anointing that causes unbelievers to fall on their face in conviction to confess their sins.
(An extract from the book - Following The River by Bob Sorge)
When the worship leader & band by the grace of the Lord is able to let their music flow in the anointing of the River of God or explode in the Fire of His Glory, we can expect the Fourth Man to show up
I trust that you are able to comprehend my attempt to explain the keys to His Glory. Like I have said in my post in Part 1 - It is the highest goal of worship. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to know more.